Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and the UAE Minister of Economy Abdullah Al-Mari launched ‘India-UAE Startup Bridge’ at the India-UAE Economic Partnership Summit, organized by CII.
Piyush Goyal said “Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) will significantly open the doors to a plethora of markets across the globe.”
UAE Minister of Economy Abdullah Al Marri said that CEPA has chapters that allow for future discussions on such areas as digital economy and digital trade.
- India UAE Startp Bridge aims at strengthening collaboration to promote startups, through exchange of best practices, strengthened relations between accelerators, incubators, and other such ecosystem stakeholders.
- The bridge will act as a one stop platform where information regarding the Indian and UAE startup ecosystem will be easily accessible to entrepreneurs and stakeholders from both countries.
- The bridge will facilitate joint training sessions for incubators in India and UAE.
- The Indian startup ecosystem has been a fertile investment ground for UAE based investors. The bridge will focus on bringing the investment houses from UAE to work closely with Indian venture capital and private equity houses.
- The bridge will also provide market access information to startups, and how to set up businesses in both countries.