India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has advised its customers to be careful while sharing their personal details with unknown persons. In a release, IPPB stated that fraudsters open fake accounts in the names of villagers, tribals, and uninformed people, falsely claiming that account holders would receive monetary benefits under various government schemes. These accounts are used for illegal money transactions in various cyber crimes beyond the knowledge of the actual account holders.
IPPB has further advised that:
- Customers should not use the mobile number of any third person for bank account opening.
- Customers should not accept or send money without knowing the genuineness of the transaction.
- Customers should not share their mobile banking details with unknown persons to transact on their behalf.
- Customers should not share their IPPB account details with people luring job offers or people offering opportunities to make easy money via social media.
- Customers should verify the company and person before transacting with or sending money